Reliable String to Glass Layup
The GL30 layup system offers a stable and efficient automated string placement solution.
- Innovative Design loads strings onto glass
- Four Standard Configurations providemaximum flexibility to optimize product flow and reduce manufacturing wastes
- String Inspection Process detects and removes defective strings from the process flow
- Accurate String Placement to improve module appearance and reduce rework
- Centralized Operator Control so the GL30 and Xcell stringer are operated from the same HMI console
The GL30 uses key components to create accurate and reliable automated string-to-glass layup system.
- Robot with pickbar picks and places strings onto the glass panel while meeting module polarity requirements.
- Buffer and reject string trays maintain productivity if glass is unavailable or strings are defective.
- Conveyor system transports and positions glass panels within the GL30 for string-to-glass placement
An optimized layout includes one ergonomic HMI to control the GL30 and X2 Turbo.
- Ribbon Trimming for your GL30 cuts ribbon ends before glass placement. This option is a great way to reduce bussing time!
|Weight||1500 kg (3307 lb)|
|Electrical power requirement||3 x 380 VAC ± 10%, 50 Hz|
3 x 480 VAC ± 10%, 60 Hz
|Noise Level||< 72 dBA|
|Compressed Air Consumption||84 m3/h|
|Operating Air Pressure||5 – 6 bar (72 – 87 psi)|
|Ambient Temperature||5 – 40 °C (41 – 104 °F)||Temperature listed recommended for storage|
|Cell Technology & Types||Mono, Poly|
|Cell Shapes||Square, Pseudo Square, 45° Corner|
|Cell Thickness||160 – 300 μm|
|Range of solar cell sizes||156 x 156 mm|
125 x 125 mm
156 x 78 mm (optional)
210 x 105 mm (optional)
|Number of interconnect ribbons (Busbars)||2, 3 BB 156 x 156 mm|
2 BB 125 x 125 mm
2, 3 BB 156 x 78 mm (optional)
3 BB 210 x 105 mm (optional)
|Glass Length||900 – 2000 mm|
|Glass Width||500 – 900 mm|
|Glass Thickness||3.00 – 6.35 mm|
|Throughput||1200 cells/hour||Based upon a 60-cell (6 x 10) module without optional tab trim|
|Technical Availability||> 95%||VDI 3423|
|String Placement Orientation||Long or short side of glass|
|String Length||1285 – 2000 mm||Measured from leading edge of the first cell to trailing edge of the last cell|
|Cells Per String||8, 10, 12 156 x 156 mm|
8, 10, 12, 14 125 x 125 mm
|Cell Spacing & Gap||2 – 5 mm|
|Tab Length||8 – 60 mm||Uncut from the string|
|EVA Overhang||5 – 10 mm|
|Conveyor Direction||Right to Left||Optional – Left to Right|
|Conveyor Height||960 – 1030 mm|